Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Long Dark Winter

 

Back in November there seemed to be little to celebrate with a substantial increase in Covid infections and another lockdown. I'm fortunate to be living in a good community with sociable and kind neighbours. We do well looking after each other.


I often find wintertime and Christmas difficult. This time for a few reasons I found myself in a really bad place, needing some professional help and taking time off work. It's true to say; one day at a time, take small steps, be grateful, and kind to yourself. 


There is no doubt that I was in a bad way for a while but with the right support from my GP practice, neighbours, friends and family, things are taking a turn for the better. 


In many respects I have got off lightly. I'm also aware that many others who suffer with depression and anxiety and other mental conditions may not be as fortunate as me.


No comments: