Sunday, February 10, 2008

Riverdance - biscuits on the beach!

On the way to Arnside I left the M6 and headed off towards Blackpool's North Shore where the ill fated ro-ro ferry 'Riverdance' lies stranded like a steel whale. I wandered accross the sands towards the bow and got closer than the coastguards and security team wanted me to. I have travelled by ferry many times to Ireland and France and these monsters seem so solid and elegant in their own way. To see 'Riverdance' half on her side like this seems quite surreal.

There was no further sign of the biscuits that were washed up along the shore but I have it on good authority that there are not likely to be any deaths due to starvation amongst the Blackpool and Cleveleys seagull population this month.

1 comment:

Cailean Macleod said...

Quite some sight!